Returns, Exchanges and Cancellations
Returns and Exchanges
If you're not perfectly satisfied with the product(s) you've ordered, simply follow the processes below for return or exchange.
We'll happily refund your item/s provided the following Online Return Policy Conditions have been met:
- You return the item within 28 days (inclusive) from the date shown on the tax invoice
- You produce a proof of purchase, for example your original invoice (or receipt), when you return the item
- The item is in original saleable condition:
– With all original tags and any sewn labels still attached
– In an unworn and unused state
- A returns form is completed and accompanies your returning item(s).
If you're not able to comply with these requirements, the University of Melbourne reserves the right to refuse an exchange or refund for change of mind items. The University of Melbourne will not always accept a bank statement as proof of purchase, for example, if it does not clearly itemise the item.
Exchanges are subject to stock availability. If you'd like to exchange an item, please inform us of the style, size and colour you'd prefer. The item from the original order will first be returned and a new order containing the exchanged item will then be processed.
Faulty or damaged items
If your item is faulty, damaged, or incorrect (not what you ordered), please contact our Customer Service team.
Give us a call or email us:
T: +61 3 9487 2100
Customers are responsible for all return postage costs for change-of-mind returns and exchanges. If you're returning or exchanging a faulty, damaged or incorrectly described item, the University of Melbourne will refund all associated return packaging and postage costs.
As the University of Melbourne is not liable for the loss of an item being returned we recommend you return it using registered mail. Please note that postage costs for change-of-mind returns and exchanges will be at your own expense.
Please ensure all details are completed on the returns form.
Place the completed returns form and items to be returned into a suitable parcel.
Please also include the proof of purchase (for example, the invoice or receipt) in the parcel and address to:
The University of Melbourne Clothing and Accessories Online Shop
113-115 Northcorp Boulevard
Broadmeadows, Victoria 3047
Cancellations and Order Amendments
Unfortunately we are unable to cancel or make amendments to online orders after your order is placed. Amendments may include but are not limited to:
- Change of delivery address
- Changes to colours and sizes
- Adding or removing items
- Applying discounts or rewards
- Full order cancellations.
Please ensure all details provided are full and correct at the time of order placement.
All refund rights under both State and Commonwealth law apply.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You can choose a refund or exchange if an item has a major problem. This is when:
- It has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
- It is unsafe
- It is significantly different from the sample or description
- It doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop in value.
If the problem is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time, you can choose a refund or replacement.